It's pretty simple to organise and play.
1. Divide the class into teams.
2. Ask each team to come up with a team name and a chant (there will be points going for the best chant).
3. Explain that they will have to nominate one person for each of the individual events (e.g. highest jump, longest hair, best cartwheel). Every team member must have at least two turns. Give out the "Children's Sheets" and allow them to select their nominees.
4. Use the cards to introduce each event (particularly if you are doing this event as part of TEFL). For each event:
- Hold up the card and announce the name of the event
- Line up the nominees and ask them to perform/present
- Announce the winners by very clearly demonstrating the use of comparatives and superlatives, e.g. "Sarah's hair is LONG, Katie's hair is LONGER buuuuut Melanie's hair is the LONGEST"
- Mark the scores on the "Superlative Olympics Scoring Sheet"
Now onto the freebies...
What's in the pack:
Superlative Olympics Children's Sheet (for nominating), Superlative Olympics Scoring Sheet (does exactly what it says on the tin) and 20 Superlative Olympics Event Cards
How do I get it?
Simply click here to download it for free from Google Docs.