Friday 27 April 2012

Big scale art lesson: Mona Lisa

I have wanted to try this out for a long time and was inspired by Denis Moynihan's 4th and 5th class blog (previously featured in the class blog spotlight). I put a picture of the Mona Lisa on the board and drew a grid over it (well, placed a blank table over it in PowerPoint). I assigned each child a number and numbered the squares on the board. They then had to concentrate really carefully to find different tones of colours in their square. I then finished it off with a shop-bought gold border (kindly loaned by another teacher in the school - thanks!)




The photograph below gives an idea of the size of it on the wall. I must say, the sheer size of it, makes it look quite impressive. I love how it's made up of a little piece from everybody. It's a great way to do shared art. I think I might do a similar lesson next week but where children work in groups of 6 to recreate other great works of art.


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, I'll be trying it out before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete